Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

The Buried Life

"But often, in the world's most crowded streets, but often in the din of strife, there rises an unspeakable desire after the knowledge of our buried life..." 
- Matthew Arnold "The Buried Life" -- 1852.
A while ago -- like one of my first posts ever -- I mentioned a tv show that MTV aired called "The Buried Life" about 4 boys who created a list of 100 things that they wanted to accomplish before they died. For everything that they crossed off their list .... they would help someone else cross something off theirs. The TV show only lasted a season .. maybe 2 ... but these 4 individuals have continued their plan to finish their list.

Recently they have put out a book. It tells their story about how they started this whole quest ... how they named themselves -- and how they got to where they are today. In addition they have collected over the years thousands and thousands of items that other people have placed on the list - and they put it into a book.



It is a pretty neat little coffee table book ... with tasks, lists, stories and artwork. I even have mine autographed by the boys since I pre-ordered it (see photo above).... which I didnt really mean to do, I thought it was already out and when I went to pay - it said it would be shipped when available. oh well, it all worked out.


the best part of it all though?!?!? the very last line.


well played, boys. well played.
mischief managed.

No comments: