Pages

Friday, February 22, 2013

normal emails at work

Background:

Monica sends an email asking what we are planning on needed for our NATA Meeting in Vegas this year.

I have been working on the budget and it would really help me if I could get a good estimate of what each of you will be spending on the national convention. It will be covered, I just want to get an idea of how much money to set aside. If you could include: airfare and airport parking/shuttle costs, hotel, convention, and figure in your per diem $45 times how many nights you stay. It doesn’t have to be exact…just a round figure so I know how much we have left through June. Thanks! No big hurry…

Then the email chain ensues:
 
From: Katherine Mann
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2013 7:02 PM
To: Monica Erb; Stephanie Miller; Tina Taylor
Subject: Re: Budget
 
One million dollars.
 
From: Monica Erb
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2013 7:07 PM
To: Katherine Mann;  Stephanie Miller; Tina Taylor
Subject: Re: Budget

 
Hahahahahahaha…………….. Only if you can bring back 2 million!!!

From: Katherine Mann
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2013 7:13 PM
To: Monica Erb; Stephanie Miller; Tina Taylor
Subject: Re: Budget

Oh that's right! We can work some magic at the tables!
 
Quick, Tina, learn how to count cards!! I'd do it but we all know that math isn't my strong suit


From: Stephanie Miller
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2013 8:23 PM
To: Katherine Mann; Monica Erb; Tina Taylor
Subject: Re: Budget
 

I am so sorry I was unable to be in this conversation. Monica, I was going to ask if we should include gambling/social money in our budget but I am too late.

My hotel confirmation says that it is $59 a night but I don’t know if that is before or after they tax the crap out of us.

Here is my guestimate:

-Lodging $0 Marianna should be paying for my hotel room this time
-Per Diem $180 (K-that is $45 * 4 in case the math was too much)
-Flight $550 (approx.)
-Registration $0 (I am going to win the free registration for renewing my membership early) you others will have to pay $235- I looked it up

-Enough drinks to get Katherine to do karaoke $200

-We will probably need a couple hundred bucks to bribe someone to get John out of an asylum after he has to keep track of us AND your two kids

-Several hundred lost at tables teaching Katherine how to count to 21 (that pesky math thing again)

I can keep adding but I think Katherine’s estimate of a million should do it. We will be sure to get an itemized list for you upon our return
 
From: Katherine Mann
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2013 8:30 PM
To: Stephanie Miller; Monica Erb; Tina Taylor
Subject: Re: Budget
 
Bahahahahahahahaha 

Good call Steph

Don't forget some money set aside for bail. 


WE MAY OR MAY NOT MAKE IT BACK IN JUNE!!

No comments: