Pages

Friday, March 22, 2013

let the madness begin

Yep. It's MARCH ... which means the Madness has begun.  We are one round in -- another round begins in about 2 hours -- and my Heels play tonight. I've got them winning over 'Nova.
 
at 7.20
 
while I'm at the TAYLOR SWIFT concert.
 
#WhiteGirlProblems
 
I've over-exerted myself this year and entered into THREE bracket pools -- in total I have FIVE brackets going. LAWDYYYY.

2 Low-Maintenance and 1 High Maintenance (we pick round by round instead of all at once) in the usual faculty pool ran by "Da Commish"

1 in our Middle School pool

1 in the "outsider" pool - involving non-CCDS people, but ran by .. a fellow teacher. So ... yeah.

I did my usual "pick 'em" theory which is mainly based off emotional picks. Favorite teams, underdogs, funny Mascots, etc --- if i had known that Akron was the "Zips" I would have picked them for sure. but good thing I didn't since they got destroyed last night".

This is a legit email I just sent to our "Commish" regarding my HM picks -- just to give you a glimpse into the weird inter-workings of my brain:

So not only am I struggling with this whole "during the work day" deal with getting my brackets in on time. Thanks for your leniency... I also see I forgot a HM pick


Wisconsin or ole miss

Badgers or rebels?

Striped mascot shirt or big cowboy hat?

Yankee or southern belle?

Well that solves it.

Hottie Toddy. Lets go Ole Miss.

Mainly bc I like saying Hottie Toddy.

Ya dig?

Thanks,

KMann ... A real southern belle.

Dead Serious.
THAT was my thought process.
 
Other thought processes?
 
St. Louis & Oklahoma because I loved the musicals.
and also, Nelly & the St. Lunatics.
 
 
 
Oregon -- bc of J.Kent & I love My Ducks
 
 
and FOR THE RECORD
 
I had HARVARD down bc I wanted to root for the dorks --
and I got talked into changing my mind.
 
Lesson Learned: STICK WITH YOUR GUT FEELING.
 
Hope your brackets are looking good!!!
 
 
 





No comments: