Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Run Katherine, Run!



13.1 miles?! Me?! Yes, this is happening.

For those of you who know me...you know I wouldn't call myself a runner. In high school I played soccer and wisely chose to play defense - meaning I only had to do short sprints throughout the game!

However; about a year ago my friends and I decided to train and run the Cooper River Bridge 10K in Charleston, SC. I successfully completed the race  in 1.03 :) Since then, I completed a 10k in NYC, and we plan to tackle the Cooper River Bridge again this March.

Apparently I dont think a 10k is enough...and I need to step it up a bit for a greater cause!


This April, my roommate Tabor McKenney and I will be running the Nashville Country Music 1/2 Marathon!! We will be training and fundraising through the The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's (LLS) Team In Training program.

The LLS is a non-profit organization whose mission is: to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.

We will be running in honor of all those who are battling blood cancers including a college classmate of mine who was diagnosed with lymphoma during our sophomore year of college. Finally, at the age of 24, after 2 bone marrow transplants and chemotherapy - she is cancer free!

I encourage you to take a minute and visit my fundraising site and donate to the cause and support me as I prepare to run 13.1 miles!! Every little bit helps! Will your dollar be the one to cure cancer?

Click here to donate and find out more information: Katherine's Fundraising Page


No comments: