Pages

Thursday, December 10, 2009

"I'm the world's most dangerous jolly elf"

The other day my "check engine" light came on in my 4Runner, and so yesterday I brought my car into the Toyota dealership. I handed over my keys and told them to  "be nice". As I made my way to the waiting room, I started digging around in my bag for my book - no book. I looked around and saw everyone on their computers - since they provide free Wi-Fi  - of course I didn't bring my computer. I then glanced up at the tv's - they were on channels which I had no desire in watching.

I slumped into my chair, already stressed about how much the whole deal will cost, and remembered that I had my iPod in my purse! Thinking that I would simply listen to some tunes as I stare awkwardly at a CNBC screen for 2 hours, I pulled it out and hoped I had enough battery time. THEN I realized something else ... I had TWILIGHT on my ipod! DONE!

So I spent 2 hours watching Edward Cullen on my little iPod nano screen ... but hey...it was better than staring at the wall. When they came out to tell me what problem they found and what we needed to do to fix it, he started with "Excuse me, I felt really bad about interrupting you .... you seemed to be really concentrating on whatever you're watching..."   Yes, yes I was.

2 hours and 378.00 dollars later (yes, OUCH) ... I finished the movie and went on with my day ...  what better way to start a day than with Edward Cullen?

With that ... here is a Christmas parody of Twilight that was sent to me last christmas - that I still find VERY amusing... Merry Christmas and Team Edward! :)

No comments: