Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

a good nights rest? not so much.

Recently I have been diagnosed with Plantar Fasciitis which is just another addition to my ankle issues. This time it's the fascia that runs underneath the bottom of the foot. It's actually a very typical injury that I see in a lot of my athletes. I've been battling it in both feet for about 3 weeks now ... stretching, resting, trying to run through it ... all that stuff.  Now after finally speaking with my colleagues (and fighting them on it).. I now have to sleep in a night splint. It basically keeps my foot at a 90* angle which puts the fascia on stretch - so that in the morning, I am not in extreme pain. Currently I wake up everytime I try to turn over, and finally at around 4 or 5am I just take the splint off. I'm hoping one of these nights to actually keep it on the whole night.

Hopefully over time between all the aspects of treatment - it will go away. If not, I don't know what I am going to do, since walking and running is a big part of my job.

and as if I needed another reason to make sleeping more difficult ... I swear ... a decent nights rest and a working ankle would be the answer to all my problems. Well, maybe not all .. but most. :)




Looks comfortable right?! Ugh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you inherited this! Check with aunt Sarah! This treatment really works!

mom