For one week every year Discovery Channel presents to us - Shark Week...and I can never get enough. I have always had an odd interest in Sharks. It's always my favorite stop in the aquarium and I'll watch any documentary that involves these creatures. I never want to see one in open water, and I don't even think I would be brave like my brother and go cage-diving with them in South Africa. Shark Week by far is one of my favorite weeks of the year. Who wouldn't love it? (other than Tabor!)
You know what is NOT one of my favorite weeks? The first week of pre-season sports. It can only be best described as ... chaos in 100 degree weather ... not just for one practice session a day...but two. We just have to get over that initial hump of collecting paperwork and physicals (which is like pulling teeth) and endure the heat ... and make it 3 weeks to the start of school when we go back to a regular schedule and life seems to calm down a bit. Then fall weather hits and I no longer dread football. Friday nights are fun, Saturday afternoon's in Chapel Hill are glorious .. and Sunday's at the Panthers stadium...are...well..entertaining. :)
But I tell you what -- when I roll into my home, after a day of practices, at about 10:30pm every night, make some dinner, and hit the DVR button ... it is GLORIOUS to see Shark Week episodes waiting for me. I think someone up above planned the best and worst weeks to be together ... well done, well done. Air Jaws: Ultimate and Day of the Shark III ... yes, please!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment