December 2nd -- 23 days.
Each year one of the first things on the "Christmas To Do List" is to trade out the boring everyday china for the Christmas Spode. We have used it since we were little and its a staple, unchanging, Christmas tradition.
Now while being "Spoded" at Christmas is quite traumatic ... it means you are officially old and receiving diningware instead of toys, money, Independence Day calendars etc -- it IS one of my favorite items of Christmas.
Kristy tried to "Spode" me once with a coffee mug...she sweetly chose a different version of Spode, so that I was Spoded without being...Spoded.
It officially happened a few Christmases ago when I received some items from Santa Claus. Hey, I made it about 24 years ... that was a pretty solid run compared to Ellen and Elizabeth. AND I maintain that since said items were coasters and some other "serving" items -- it's not as bad as actually getting dishes ... I'll get to that point soon enough, I'm sure.
It officially happened a few Christmases ago when I received some items from Santa Claus. Hey, I made it about 24 years ... that was a pretty solid run compared to Ellen and Elizabeth. AND I maintain that since said items were coasters and some other "serving" items -- it's not as bad as actually getting dishes ... I'll get to that point soon enough, I'm sure.Breakfast and coffee always tastes better when its with Spode!!


1 comment:
Hey! That's my breakfast photo! Mmmmm....its making me hungry.
Post a Comment