One work day -- I made the mistake of leaving my phone at home ... so in an email reponse to some of my friends I added in the fact that I didn't have it with me -- so clearly I wouldn't respond to any calls, etc --
First -- It is crazy (and slightly embarrassing) how the panic sets in when we are separated from our phones. Or at least it happens to me -- I feel so lost and disconnected. Not to mention I think I was subbing that day and I was unable to play "Draw Something" while the kids took their tests.
Second -- I get home and immediatly rush to my phone...because lets face it -- I am sure that all sorts of people are trying to get in touch with me becuase I am awesome, important and clearly just constantly am up to something.
Sure enough I have 30 text messages waiting for me ... thinking that "yes, even 30 is a little high for a Wednesday... " I opened up my messages to see this:
MRJ :I'm going to text you many times today because you left your phone at home and this is going to drive you crazy
MRJ : iron mannnnnnnnnn
MRJ :: katherine mannnnnnnn
MRJ : peeeeeeta
MRJ : Hi
MRJ : hope youre having a good day
MRJ : nice weather
MRJ : is it supposed to rain later?
MRJ : when are you guys getting Maisy back?
MRJ : Im just going to start texting you the first thing that pops into my head
MRJ : smoke monster
MRJ : leaf
MRJ : blake lively
MRJ : mc hammer pants
MRJ : butterflies
MRJ : coca cola
MRJ : horse
MRJ : computer
MRJ : baby elephant
MRJ : Madagascar (the movie)
MRJ : Syria
MRJ : Kung Fu Panda
MRJ : sassypants
MRJ : bowties
MRJ : Josie
MRJ : September
MRJ : Memorial Day
MRJ : Koozie
MRJ : Billy Madison
MRJ : Salute your shorts
Me: I absolutly hate you.
No comments:
Post a Comment