Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Yep.

Much more to come about my weekend in Chapel Hill celebrating Ben and Kelli's wedding -- BUT the highlight of the weekend quickly changed from the awesomeness of  celebrating two of my best friends and being reunited with people whom I've known for years, whom I love and I have missed etc -- blah, blah, blah best friends for life, ravens 2003 .. .yada yada yada ... all that stuff.

 
The highlight came when we were out Friday night and BSC took a picture with Tyler Hansbrough and I didn't. Sure, it crossed my mind, but I wasn't going to actually bother him. Was I? But wait, Ben did and it was no problem. Wait a minute ... dang it!

The entire next day I was so mad. I was bitter. I was jealous. I'm also immature, sure...but just being honest.

So Saturday night, who walks into Top of the Hill? 
Yep. You're right.
and I was on a mission.

TOO many times I have seen him and not said or done anything... the elevator, the airport, baseball games etc ... so I went right up to him and said

Me: I'm really sorry to ask you to this, but can I take a quick photo with you
Tyler: Yeah, sure .. hang on, Ill be right back.

and he walked away. Now .. I'm not naive enough to think that he was actually going to come right back .. .so I walked back outside ... and told my friends I basically got shot down...yeah, I'll admit it.

Thankfully Tyler and I share a mutual friend and he also was at Topo, we happened to run into him (along with Marcus Ginyard and Mike Copeland) as we were leaving and I flat out told him:

"look. I need a photo with Tyler and he's being difficult" 

 So Marc just called him over and took the photo of us and sent it to me, easy! (looking back on it, I wish I had then taken the phone and handed it to Tyler and asked him to take one of me and Marc)

AND BOOM.


Best part was the text Dad sent me after sending him the photo
"Cool!! You're dream comes true...did you remind him of the elevator incident"

Some facebook posts also mention the elevator incident -- for those of you who don't know -- it was in San Antonio years ago and I was on the elevator with #50 and I said nothing. Dad made fun of his Sports Illustrated photo cover, Mom said something. and me? said nothing.

this time ... I said something. and have proof.
now if I can only find Chase Utley...

Here's Bens photo too ... what started all my chaos.


No comments: