I decided that being the deprived child I am - with no tennis (or dance) lessons in my younger years -- I would take matters into my own hands ... I clearly already have the dance part down. (I don't need no Hot Shoes dance lessons to bust a move....) and so to conquer the tennis part -- I convinced 3 of my friends to take group tennis lessons.
It took a while to get started but this past Wednesday we had our first lesson. I am by far the worst one of the four ... but I am determind to rule the court by the end of our lessons.
Alas, our tennis pro is not Andy Roddick ... nor look like Andy Roddick ... but he puts up with us and for that I commend him. I think I hit at least 10 tennis balls over the fence and into the woods.
Speaking of Andy Roddick -- yes, you can assume correct. I am heartbroken and devastated that he has retired from the sport....but I'll hold on to that 2003 US Open victory ... and continue to talk trash to those who prefer Federer to Andy.
2. I'm about to win my first Fantasy Football league.
My friends often make mistakes. The most recent one is allowing me into their Fantasy Football League this year.
Let's start with the fact that when I showed up to the draft -- all these dorks had their laptops out with spreadsheets of stats, probabilities, current injuries, etc. I felt as if I should have had my PINK laptop with me and just opened up random files....
Then I saw we had stickers to use
So I clearly asked if my team could be all the PINK players.
The answer? Sure -- but they are all kickers...............Oh. Whoopsie!
THEN I tried to draft a defensive player -- as in I wanted Julius Pepper and Clay Matthews and it was explained to me that you had to pick a whole team.
THEN all I wanted was Tom Brady because my plan was to pick the hot players (ie Tom Brady, Austin Collie, etc) and the Carolina alumni (Hakeem Nicks, etc) -- and with getting the LAST pick -- clearly Tommy was chosen before I could get to him.
3. I'm Celebrating!
With two best friends getting engaged (along with sister) there has been a lot of celebrating and planning in the works -- Congrats to BECKY and RYAN .. newly engaged this past Saturday!!! After 7 years of begging, she finally said YES! ;) Luckily, myself and some other friends were already coming into town for some Carolina/Wake football action and a Sister Hazel concert ... which made the loss to WFU more bearable being distracted by shiny things on BK's finger! CONGRATS YOU TWO! LOVE YOU!
With two best friends getting engaged (along with sister) there has been a lot of celebrating and planning in the works -- Congrats to BECKY and RYAN .. newly engaged this past Saturday!!! After 7 years of begging, she finally said YES! ;) Luckily, myself and some other friends were already coming into town for some Carolina/Wake football action and a Sister Hazel concert ... which made the loss to WFU more bearable being distracted by shiny things on BK's finger! CONGRATS YOU TWO! LOVE YOU!
boom. bling.
celebrating and showing off the bling!
Sister Hazel @ Ziggys






No comments:
Post a Comment