Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

the city of brothery love.

Well internet (and most importantly Carrie...so you know why I won't update for at least 5-6 days haha)... I am off to Philadelphia  - the city of brotherly love - for 5 days for the 2010 National Athletic Trainers Association Convention. Last years' adventure in San Antonio was fantastic .. and since I've never been to Philly...I think that this go round will be equally as awesome. and educational, clearly. 

My goals for my time in Philly - other than learning more to help my profession and my athletes ... (yes, mother -dont worry, I will be attending PLENTY of lectures, labs & presentations.)

1. Attend MLB Phillies and Cleveland game (tickets already purchased) ... and get a picture with the Philly Phanatic
2. Run up the Rocky Stairs (possibly while singing "Eye of the Tiger" in my head)
3. See the Liberty Bell & LOVE sign in Love Park.
4. Find "Paddy's Pub" (and perhaps Charlie Kelly? .. purchase some Kitten Mittens)




We will see how well I do with my check list. It's a lot to accomplish in five days. PLUS I'll be finding a place to watch the USA v. Algeria match on Wednesday ... we will see if the referees are finally ready to work with us ... and did I mention the majority of my time will be in presentations and lectures?! Time Managment is key.

Peace, Love & Ben Franklin.

No comments: