![]() |
I don't think it'sa secret. I like to dance. Bonus points if it's to Britney Spears. Last years Decade Day was won by the groovy 6th graders ... and it's highly entertaining to see all the costumes and outfits.
So when discussing this years Decade Day here at the middle school ... I got to thinking. What about the 90's?!? After hearing the awesome 90's cover band over NYE -- I couldn't get those fantastic melodies and lyrics out of my head -- and just thought what a disgrace it would be to leave out that generation ...
I mean HELLO!?! All the boy bands, Nirvana, Salt-n-Pepa ..banana hair clips, slouch socks, Rainbow Brite, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Clueless, Billy Madison, The Mighty Ducks (love me some Adam Banks) ... My So Called Life, Jesse Spano and the whole caffeine pill incident (im so excited....I'm so...I'm so scared) ... amd of course - "Donna Martin Graduates!" from 90210 ... I mean, I could go on and on and on. and on and on and on...
So I brought it to attention of the Decade Day "leader team" and offered for the Staff and Faculty to surprise the students on Decade Day and have a 90's routine ready. They agreed that it would be fun - but asked if I could choreograph / organize. ummm, done and done.
For the past 2 weeks - my focus has been on mashing up a 90's mix and bustin' a move. Sure ... there might have been an athlete writhing in pain on the gym floor with a broken ankle ... but clearly they had to wait until I was done watching the YouTube video of Milli Vanilli "Blame it on the Rain". kidding, kidding. I at least paused it and threw them an ice pack!
So this morning - FINALLY ... all the hard work payed off. We had some EPIC dances from the 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th graders -- but our little surprise was definitly a success.
After debating my outfit choices, probably longer than I should have - I went with a Jessie Spano/Lisa Turtle blazer and leggins look -- however; also found some Union Bay, high-waisted, pleated jeans. (oh yes) and so I danced in leggings (since I can't really move in the jeans) and rocked the Jeans the rest of the day.
Here's a little treat for you all out there ... and yes, I'm aware I look super nervous at first --- we miss the first cue to due children screaming (and yes, one does say "I love Miss Mann") ... I attempt to fix my bangs in the middle -- and I couldnt stop laughing. The kids were schoked and surprised -- and most of all, impressed.
EVERYBODY DANCE NOW!
and some more photos of the action:
7th grade - Boogie Wonderland |
8th grade ruled VICTORIOUS!
but the FACULTY brought down the house!
(more photos to come later!)




No comments:
Post a Comment