Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

...and another school year begins...

People keep asking me about our BVI vaca -- which yes -- was incredibly awesome.
but then again, we thought Universal Studios was awesome ... so maybe our gauge of awesome isn't as awesome as others?
too much awesome in one sentence?
maybe you're not awesome either.

Honestly though -- I haven't had much time yet to sort through, edit and throw together a summation of 10 days with my mess of a family. But I will ... I promise I will.
and by mess. I mean an awesome mess.

It's preseason. It's multiple practices a day, August heat, Summer thunderstorm delays, early mornings, late nights, new kids, returning kids who clearly didnt condition,  injured kids already, preseason.

I'm currently sitting in a hotel room in Wilmington with our varsity soccer team from school waiting to head out for our 2nd training session of the day. We're all down here, again, for our annual pre-season trip. It's my 5th trip in 6 years at CD. You might remember last year's trip  (and the second part) ...
Yeah. I won't lie. England was much more awesome than being back in the humid, August heat and trying to use my hotel room as an Athletic Training Room -- coolers in the shower, water bottles on the floor, washing and soaking the caps in my sink.... taping ankles on the desk! Just TRY to picture me trying to fill these coolers with the tiny ice dispenser in the "vending" room at the end of the hall.

I basically went from THIS

sunny Tower of London 

TO THIS


rainy, soccer tennis bc the fields are too soaked!


water bottles in the bathroom


but we did play some epic Pictionary at dinner.
my team won. obviously.

But I love this sport. and I love (most of) these kids.
and I am happy to be a part of...hopefully...another championsip contending team.

No comments: