In May of 2003 ... my friends and I graduated high school.
yes, that's me in a camo hat at the bottom -- nbd.
Apparently -- it is now 10 years later .. what the whaaaaat! How did 10 years go by already?!
Sadly, I will not be making the big homecoming game and reunion soiree ... but as I flipped through my senior year yearbook ... I couldn't help but laugh at our "Senior Remembrances" and all the photos spread out amongst the pages.
We all mentioned our favorite hangouts: Slater's basement, Crosson's pool .. our favorite moments: the football boys all had 28-9, "play to win", and the State Championship of 2000 .... and a 4-0 powder puff record for us girls ... Most mentioned our current significant others at the time in some way or another ... ahhh, young love. Which reminds me of the scene in 'Valentine's Day' ... "there you have it, young love. full of promise, full of hope... ignorant of reality"
It's amazing how many of us included "Dislikes - Gibbons and CCD" in their paragraphs. I most likely also included that (but see the note below about Matty changing our lists) .. but now I suppose its a good thing since CD payyyyyys me.
It's also amazing how much I STILL dislike Gibbons.
and so ... I share this:

Katherine Mann: Likes... #12, sleeping, Sports Med, Soccer, hugs, Bojangles, my satchel, 6th per. SH, Crosson pool, Slaters basement, rumbling, Chex Mix. Dislikes...The French, exams, tardies, spiders. Remembers: 9/27 @Latin, THH's, "Oh Snap", math w/ JDawg & Slater, State Champs '00, dance jacket, "You re Not Mr. Ashdown", Rowdy Ravenettes, 4-0 Powder Puff, "that" game, bueno.
PLEASE NOTE: I think I had other things in here... but as Matt Wimsatt was in charge of the yearbook editing (seriously, who let Matty be in charge of that?!) you will notice that our group of friends suddenly had items missing and things like "The French" suddenly added to our dislikes.
The opening page of our yearbook -- the Senior class gathered around the (then) brand new Upper School sign ...
Go Green. Go Gold.

No comments:
Post a Comment