Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

bye, bye, black ... berry.

Well folks, it's true. I am no long a Blackberry user. (GASP!) After losing the use of my space bar and having to "reboot" my phone at least once -sometimes two or three times a day - I finally decided to cash in on my "new every two" thats been sitting in my account and upgrade my phone.

I spent the past 2 months or so debating on what phone to get - or if I should hold out for the iPhone arrival at Verizon in January (and yes, those rumors are true ) I figured the first round of iPhones will be disaster (much like the first round with AT&T) ...so if that's indeed the route I want to take later on after this upgrade ... it will be perfect timing.

I think more of my issue was I didn't want to give up my BBM. Lets be honest - it has become quite the form of communication between my sister, dad and me -- and most of my friends.

 However; to keep me from throwing my phone out of the window the next time it froze up on me mid-email ... plus I had an extra 100.00 off ... I went ahead and jumped on the Android train. (and the best part?! - the phone only cost me 50.00 with all the discounts....BOOYA!)

I spent all last night setting up and playing with my new HTC Incredible -- and it is ... INCREDIBLE. I was like a child in a candystore looking through the "Android Market" and downloading useful ... and some not so useful apps. Like the Angry Birds game?! love it. While it doesnt come in pink .. my protective case is pink (and lets be honest... I need the protective case)

I will have to get used to no actual keyboard. I feel like that will come in time ... and with apps that you can download to mimic "BBM" with other Blackberry and other phone users -- I think my withdraw will lessen.

So sorry bbm friends, we had a good run -- but as you all move to the Android or the iPhone ... just KiK me and we will be all good.

No comments: