Pages

Friday, November 12, 2010

game of Quidditch, anyone?

I received an email the other day from my good friend, and fellow HP fan,  Kristy - in which the subject was simply "For my Harry Potter fan" ... in it contained THIS article.

Click here to read --->  Quidditch World Cup

My first response was: Ok, wow,  these kids might have too much time on our hands ... and secondly, uhhh, why didnt we have this at my college?
I could quite possibly see myself and my friends playing a round or two of intramural Quidditch. And by quite possible, I mean totally - especially since we played bball, flag football and even made up our own games, including kickball/dodgeball with a giant yoga ball in the Quad at Jefferson Apartments.

As for making it a NCAA official sport? I don't know about that, seems a little extreme  -- although Tyler Hansbrough being the Seeker would have been awesome.
Anyway - fellow Muggles, take a minute, read about it -- and oh yes, even watch the video that is in included  ... and if you're around NYC, I won't judge you if you go check it out.  


OH, and BTW - ONE WEEK until Part I of the Deathly Hallows arrives.


No comments: