Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Glory Days...

"...she keeps laughing, thinking about ... glory days" - Bruce Springsteen


It was in the fall of 2000, that I stood on Cook Field at Belk Stadium .. with my brother and our friends ... and celebrated a NCISAA State Championship. It was his senior year and my sophomore year - and it was glorious. Defeating our rival, Charlotte Country Day, on their field. We celebrated, waved our "R" flag, (which my mother and I painstakingly colored in with Sharpie) and held the trophy and #1's up for the cameras.


2000 NCISAA State Champions

Fast forward 10 years later.

I am on the same field in the same stadium -- but this time --oddly, on the opposite sideline. Last Friday night, the Bucs celebrated their 1st NCISAA State Championship since 2004, when they defeated Charlotte Latin 45-16. Once again - we celebrated, waved the 'Bucs' flag - and smiled for that camera. I am so proud of all of my athletes for their hard work this season - for those seniors -- those 4 long years.  A championship is much deserving. Congrats Bucs!!! (although that Ravens win is still the best!


2010 NCISAA State Champions!
 

No comments: