So what comes next? Oh thats right, it's hockey season. The Carolina Hurricanes open up the regular season tonight at 7pm vs. the Ottowa Senators and so begins another 84 game season on the ice. We're playing without a lot of players from last year, including Rod Brind'Amor, whose jersey will be retired in February ... Thanks #17 for everything!!
We DO, however; still have good 'ol #12 - Eric Staal ! Oh Captain, My Captain! and I hope that he leads us to ... well ... at least not being the worst team in the NHL. Lets get serious -- Ever since we won in 2006 - we have only made one run to playoffs (it was 2008-09 - and we did quite well) but other than that - we've had a rough go of it ... and with the Panthers being 0-Terrible ... I'm going to need a winning team ASAP.
In addition, the Charlotte Checkers have moved up to the AHL (one step above the ECHL) and now they are the "farm team" directly to the Canes ... which means baby brother Staal will be a Checker and in Charlotte. I totally plan on wearing my Staal t-shirt to games ... and maybe also trying to find him on the streets of Charlotte ... I'm just sayin...that wouldnt be wierd at all, right?
Eliz and Me ... 2006 ... Stanley Cup Champs! "VAMOS LAS CANES!"


No comments:
Post a Comment