Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

Think Pink!!

When you think of PINK- you often think of bubble gum, newborn babies, ballerinas, cotton candy, etc. We all choose PINK for different reasons ... I personally simply love the color and if an item comes in PINK - thats the one I want. It also holds another important meaning (besides my obession) ... representing the battle against breast cancer.

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month  - and with cancer survivors in my family and close to me - I'd like to take this opportunity to encourage all women to take care of their bodies -- and for everyone to support "Susan G. Komen for the Cure". Help out this month by looking for the PINK labels around the grocery store, Target, and anywhere you might be shopping! Items range from yogurt, to bottled water, to clothing ... you name it! These participating companies will donate a portion of its proceeds to the Susan G. Komen foundation!!  If it's PINK ... its for the cure!!

Like I mentioned... if it comes in pink - I'm sold. Pink computer, pink blackberry, pink camera, pink iPod, pink calendar...you get the picture.  There's just something about the color that just makes things so much better.   One of my exciting purchases at work this year included hot PINK pre-wrap ... instead of the boring tan - or even green and black that we normally get. I talked Monica into getting me pink this year and it is aweeeeesome.  My kiddos love it -- even the football boys request to use it!! Real boys wear pink!

So during October ... (and even the rest of the year) ... THINK PINK!!! xoxo!



pink pre-wrap in action! :)



No comments: