Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Jack-O-Lanterns!

Did you know: carving pumpkins came from an Irish legend and tradition involving "Stingy Jack" tricking the Devil over some drinks?! True Story.

There is an art to pumpkin carving (other than the obvious ... carving) Out of alllllll the pumpkins in the patch - you gotta pick a good one. One with a good stem, a good clean surface -- not one that leans one way or has markings on it - you need one that will show off your design. I'm pretty sure the people who witnessed me picking my pumpkin think I am cruh-ray-zay ... or just crazy.

Say My Name: Two years ago, like any southern girl, I simply drew out and carved my monogram.




Eddie Cullen: Last year - I carved the one and only Edward Cullen ... and it turned out pretty well.






AND SO THIS YEAR - SO, after searching through the pile...


... and cleaning out alllll the "guts"...


...and looking a little too comfortable with a knife...

and so I present to you: Lord "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named" Voldemort.



and this is how you bring a carved pumpkin home!


HAPPY HALLOWEEN!


No comments: