Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

best. science teacher. ever.

Many of you have been wondering "how are YOU teaching 5th grade Science?!"

Well, I'll be honest ... I make a lot of it up as I go. I copy my co-teacher ... I read the books as the kids are reading them and take notes. Basically - I am back in 5th grade. At the moment we are connecting our space unit to life. No, I'm not asking them the meaning of life -- simply -- what do we need to sustain life ... and can there be life in outerpsace?!
STILL - some of you are still questioning HOW I actually teach 4 different sections of Science a day. With a lot of patience, BS... and of course -- my cheat sheet of notes.
This should take me about 45 minutes to explain and list on the board.

So then I get my hands on some whiteboard markers ... turn off the SmartBoard and get down to the thing that every little girl dreams of doing --- teaching while writing alllll over the white board....
and at the end of class - the board looks like this - and I can only hope that their notebooks look somewhat similar:
Boom. and WHO SAID I can't teach Science?!?!

BUT WAIT. What about those days that the kids just aren't focusing?!

...like the day before Holiday break?! Clearly the only option left is to draw mustaches on everyone's finger and have a little fun ... Productive day?! I definitely thought so.

its hard to see ... but we all have mustaches on our fingers.
 clearly not a distraction for the rest of the classes that day. (my bad)

No comments: