Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas in the Face.

The Mann family Christmas consists of lots of food, lots of TV, catching up with old friends and of course lots of family time -- quality holiday if you ask me. Not too many photos this year -- too busy enjoying the moment I suppose...

Wednesday night a few Ravens went out and caught up ... I realized it was the first time I had seen some of these friends since last Christmas!

Lauren , Emily, Me and Fanny

Love you Gimp!

Thursday we ventured to Sanford and did the Mann Family Christmas! All 15 of us gathered for the Christmas roast and White Elephant game ... from which I came away with one of the best presents of them all (Eliz knows how to do it) ... watched Polar Express and ate too many M&M's.


Rives and Alston taking a nap.


My winning from the White Elephant game...
it is clearly going in the Training room when I get back.

Christmas morning and day was clearly spent in pajamas ...watching 3 of the 5 Rocky movies (which is more fun now that I have been to Philadelphia and ran the stairs and seen the statue!) and trying to decide what book to download on my Kindle. I still have yet to reach a decision. Its amazing how indecisive I can be sometimes. The day went a bit differently this time - as we have gotten older and all woke up later in the morning. Dad went back to Sanford to pick up the Grandparents and so we waited for their arrival before doing presents...but after that it was back to the routine and was a delightful day.


The tree before all the chaos and unwrapping.


Alston making the fire!



Ellen exhausted from all the fesitivies.


and then .. the snow came.



Oh, the weather outside is frightful,

but the fire is so delightful. (see fire photo above!)

and since we've got no place to go (except cancelling the Canes hockey game ... and we need to get to Nashville!!)


Let it SNOW! Let it SNOW! Let it SNOW!








It doesn't show signs of stopping,

and the cable went out - but we've got seasons of Friday Night Lights,

my boyfriend is Tim Riggggggins,

Let it SNOW! Let it SNOW! Let is SNOW!

hmmm, Dad didn't like my rendition of the Christmas classic so much. odd. However - Alston and I did get quite a few episodes of FNL watched. I think I have him hooked. Clear eyes, full hearts ...  


We're off to NASHVILLE for the Carolina bowl game tomorrow ... wish us luck and good weather! GO HEELS!!

Hope you and yours had a WONDERFUL WHITE CHRISTMAS and Santa was good to you!! xoxox

No comments: