Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

"welcome to atlanta where the players play..."

 This past weekend I hopped on the Green Bay Packers bandwagon (with permission from lifelong fans The Sheppards and new converted fan by marriage... Liz) and joined them for the Falcons v. Packers play off game!! We drove down Saturday and enjoyed some VERY cold tailgating ... and a quite deightful game! I wore some Green (thanks to Liz!)  .. even though it was a Farve jersey ... hey, its cool, I'm not a true fan - so its all good, haha. 


Liz and I are ready for the game!

CHEESEHEADS!

Atlanta fans are serious about their teams - with "Rise Up" flags all around us and some trash talking ... we sat with our green and fellow Cheeseheads and quietly watched as the game kicked off and they scored first ... but then a strange turn of events happened and by the 3rd quarter the Georgia Dome was empty. My father taught me never to leave a game early - and it was blowing my mind they were walking out with 11 min left in the third. So then clearly, we got loud and rowdy.


The Sheppards are in full effect!

and then I found Jordan Bowen! WUAT Soccer!

Go Pack GO!
Sunday we got up and headed to the Georgia Aquarium - which is one of the largert (and most awesome) aquariums in the world. It has 8 billion gallons of water for its 4 Whale Sharks, Beluga Whales, sharks, sea turtles, alligators, penguins, otters .... it just went on and on and It was PHENOMENAL!  I'll admit ... I'm like a kid in a candy store at the Shark exhibit. Is it shark week yet?!


Stuart and Liz - we are ready for the SHARKS!

and there they are!

a
on the moving sidewalk ... under the sea!

in the Penguin Crawl Tube -- we literally had to crawl.
it was very difficult.

Hey Sea Turtle!!
We continued the weekend with watching some more playoffs, touring all of Atlanta's Taco Macs, and of course -- a little shopping.

I suppose since the Packers won, I have to continue cheering -- especially since they go up to Chicago who has Julius Pepeprs ... so Go Pack Go! well until they meet the Jets ... then I have to go with Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez... they said they would win it all and I think they will.

No comments: