Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Music City Bowl & Ringin in the New Year!

Last time I was in Nashville ... I was running 13.1 miles ...

...and last time we were at a big Carolina away game... I yelled at Marvin Austin (my bad)....  

This year for our bowl game we hopped on a plane and headed to the Country Music Capital to see Carolina take on Tennessee. We celebrated the new year and Dr and Mrs Hamrick's 32nd wedding anniversary!! I must admit - the city was much more appealing when I wasn't exhausted and half sick...and we came away with a win.


             


Mom and Mrs Hunter and Me and Mrs. Hamrick are READY to get to Tennessee!

Pregame festivities included lunch, music by Carolina Alum Chase Rise and fun at the Wild Horse Saloon.

Pre Game festivities with Chase Rice!


the stadium on the walk over ... also where I finished my 1/2 marathon
(SO glad not to running over that bridge again!) 

Hi Brother!


Marvin "Twitter" Austin is in the stands ladies and gents....




"...It'll be a Carolina VICTORY.... across the field our foe has fled,
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT.
Cheer our team to VICTORY - for we are Tar Heel born and Bred..."




We did have some sunshine and we were able to do some walking around, tour the Country Music Hall of Fame, buy me some Cowboy boots (real ones and they look good), and there was even a Taylor Swift spotting ... not by me unfortunately, but by some friends. jealousssss.



Not even 1/3 of the Gold, Silver and Platinum records within the Hall of Fame.


I also tagged along with Alston and his friends to ring in the New Year ... breaking my streak of spontaneous, random but awesome - celebrations. We braved the rain and headed to a 90's cover band - "My So Called Band" and it was A-W-E-S-O-M-E. Never have I waited so intently in anticipation of what next song they would play.. They were decked out in plaid flannel shirts and one guy even had a "Zack Attack" shirt. I think I knew every song and every word and I am now hoarse from yelling and singing.  While it took me an hour and half to get home due to rain and cabs not working so well... it was well worth it.


Two years in a row with bowl games with Paxton!

Happy New Year Brother!

My So Called Band .... awesomeeeeee.

Hope everyone had a safe and happy one ... here's to 2011 ... lets do this.

No comments: