Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

the year in review.

"...its been a long December and there's reason to believe - maybe this year will be better than the last."

Well ... you have been reading my blog for about a full year now. At the end of 2009 I began this little journey ... and thank you for being here with me through all the shenanigans. I hope I have helped you waste some time from the workday or whatever it is you are supposed to be doing ... because I know I have enjoyed writing my posts as a great form of procrastination.

2010 has come to an end, although it honestly feels like it just started. It was a good year -- lots of  fun and some changes. Some highlights include:  skiing for the first time ever in Breckenridge in February ... I ran and completed my first 1/2 Marathon in April, I was maid of honor is Beth and Stuarts Wedding in May ... followed by marking my quarter century birthday later that month...Baby Julia was brought to us in June ... and August began my 4th year at CCDS. Good time with family and friends have filled in the time in between ... and now the New Year is upon us again. So now, what?! Well, lets see what 2011 has in store for us...

2011 "Resolutions":

1. KEEP RUNNING.  I go through spurts of consistant runs ...going for 3 miles 3-4 times a week...and then about 3 weeks of not even looking at my running shoes, I might not even know where they are at the moment. so I need to just keep running. Charleston Bridge 10k in April anyone?!

2. GIVE MORE.  Now that the days of ASP and Sorority community service are over - I haven't been as innvolved with the community as I have been in the past. This year I would like to give more: time, donations, clothing to good will,  etc. This includes looking into the Junior League of Charlotte ... volunteering with my AXiD chapter at Wingate ...and actually reading the "community service" bulletin at my church here in Charlotte to find some good ideas. **everyone mark you calendar for the 2nd Annual Spring Soiree in March!***

3. Eliz and I have a "secret" pact. So my goal is to also stick to this "secret" pact. :)


HAPPY 2011 TO EVERYONE! HOPE ITS A FABULOUS YEAR!!

No comments: