FINALLY ... I spent a weekend here in Charlotte! However; it wasn't a quiet weekend! I worked Saturday morning and then headed home to meet Miss BK and rally the troops for some golf and baseball viewing and more importantly .... THE AVETT BROTHERS with Grace Potter and the Nocturnals concert at Bojangles Coliseum.
IT WAS SO RIDICULOUSLY AMAZING.
Grace Potter put on a really good opening set. She played for a good hour ... and could basically start headlining her own tour soon, in my opinion. She opened with one of my favorites, "Hot Summer Night" and continued to dominate the stage switching instruments and dancing all over the place ... in heels. impressive.Then came the main event -- The Avett Brothers ... home for the first time since 2009.
In honor of coming back to Charlotte....they opened up with John Denver's -- "Back home again" ... with just the three of them, which blended immediately into "Head full of Doubt/Road full of Promise".... Thanks to YouTube and people with front row seats! :)
The rest of the play list was phenomenal -- including Kick Drum Heart, Colorshow, Shame, etc....and of course ended with I and Love and You ... which ended with pretty much everyone in the arena standing there holding 3 fingers up. How can they top that?! Laundry Room and Talk on Indolence as their encore. SO GREAT. They played a solid 2 hours and 22 some odd songs.
There were a lot of good videos posted from the concert posted...mostly of individual songs...then I found this 14 minute "montage" of them ALL! haha ... so if you're feeling really adventurous... we can sum up the 2 hours in 14 minutes. Or if you are like me and Becky and just want to re-do the concert again. and again.
If you don't listen to them already ... go to iTunes and download immediately. and you're welcome.
October 8th in Greensboro... anyone?! anyone?!?
BK, Me and Dudley enjoying sunshine, gold and baseball!
We survived the run through the downpour to get to the arena.
and I mean... DOWNPOUR.
GRACE POTTER & THE NOCTURNALS
"Its gooooood to be back home again!"
I and love and you.
No comments:
Post a Comment