Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge.

or better known as .... William and Kate.

By now you know -- the Royal Wedding was the morning. and No, I did not wake up at 4am ... although everyone at work was betting that I would. (I thought about it thought)


I did however; DVR two channels of coverage (NBC and actually TLC) and watched it first thing around 8am when I woke up. I spent the morning in my pajamas...drinking coffee...and watching it all unfold.

I will keep this post brief ... and so I present to you:

 Katherine's 10 thoughts on the Royal Wedding
(in no particular order)

1. I'll start with this... right out of the gate -- I was not a fan of her bouquet. Her dress was elegant and simple ... and her flowers were so small and awkward looking. I didn't want her to go as big as Diana did in her wedding ... but perhaps a long-stemmed bouquet? or a little more fluff? other than that though....I'm insanely jealous of it all. clearly.

2. She changed her name from Kate ... to Catherine. Copy Cat. But what really bothers me....is she spells Katherine wrong ... and how do you from Kate with a K to Catherine with a C? Shouldn't you have been Cate? or Katherine? get it together Kathryn.

3. The dress was one of the biggest secrets of all --- designed by Alexander McQueen and it was simply gorgeous. I tried to get one of my friends who is getting married this fall to try on a similar (clearly, not the same...but you know what I mean) style with the lace shoulders and sleeves .... and she went with a different (still gorgeous dress on her) style. But...being the good friend I am .... I can't wait to see her and say "You coulda looked like Kate Middleton if you had listened to me!"

4.  Do you think England gets mad when the United States sings "My Country 'Tis of Thee" ... since its the same tune as "God Save the Queen" ?!?!  Hey England ... we moved away, beat you in the Revolution...then stole your anthem. Boom! Roasted.

5. Kate arriving in a car .... and then .... William and Kate leaving the Abbey in a carriage ... and best of all -- later, driving out of the palace in an open top Aston Martin car ...with William driving!  which was unprecedented and unannounced?! awesome. love it.


6. a Fly-over while standing on the balcony of Buckingham palace?! EVEN MORE AWESOME. (ya'll know how I love my flyovers...)

7.  It's crazy to think I will be AT Westminister Abbey in about a month, when Dad and I travel across the pond to London.  I kept looking at it all this morning and just thinking "holy crap, I'll be there!"

8. DearPosh Spice, your hat was crazy. I expected more out of you. and Beckham ... handsome as per usual. Thanks for covering up all your tattoos.

9. Snoop Dogg is scheduled to perform ... I hope the Queen gets down with the D-O-Double G. Awesome wedding reception. clearly, typical of the Royal Family... I wonder if Elton John is mad.

and finally

10. My favorite part might have been on the Balcony before the famous "kiss" demanded by the people of London (and around the world) and William just looks at her and goes "Are you ready!?" I might have answered out loud (by myself on the couch) -- YES! KISS HER!!!

A true fairy tale, princess wedding.

Although I do prefer -- beach music bands, boys in bowties, my dads old GTO to drive away in ... and a shorter ceremony so we can get to the party! :)

No comments: