Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

im going going, back back .. well not to Cali

...to England.


I am hopping onto a plane in a few hours with 12 high school soccer players and one other coach - and we are about to take the mother nation by storm.
Most of you know I've spent the last few pre-seasons with most of this crew in Wilmington and this year we are trading in the heat and sand for the rain and the Brits....which I am totally okay with.


We are staying in dorms (yeeaahhh) so I will most likely not have access to WiFi ..which means no internet, no facebook ... so hang in there while I'm gone. Also ... no phone either. So if you text, I won't answer.

We have plans to practice and play a few games ourselves, tour the Aresenal field and stadium and the big event: England v. Holland at Wembley Stadium. Oddly, the boys passed on the option to see Kate Middleton's dress at Buckingham Palace and chose the Tower of London for our big event on our London day. Whatevs ...

The hardest part about this trip is trying to pack an Athletic Training Med Kit for an overseas flight ... I clearly have to check it because they will not let me carry on the assortment of scissors, tweezers, liquids, etc ... but trying to make it all fit into a suitcase?! yeesh!

Anyway - I'm all set now and we're off - so unless I decide to stay over in England with a cute British boy ... who has good teeth ... I'll be back on the 11th!!
Here are a few things I've been meaning to mention over the past week or so...and thought I'd throw them at you all at once:

a) I failed to mention the cute boy who was also at the eye doctor when I went the other day (and yes, I did look at his name on the sign in sheet when I had to go back up to hand in my paperwork) and as I sat there waiting for my name to be called -- I couldn't help but get a little angry.

If life were a movie -- we would definitely strike up a witty conversation ... laugh a little ... share some stories -- then later on as we sat in the waiting room again waiting for our eyes to dilate .. and half blind we would bump into each other and he would definitely ask me out on a date.

However; my life is NOT a movie (although sometimes I think I should/could right a book) ... so we sat through the entire thing, crossing paths MANY times and didn't say a word. Half the time I didn't even have my contacts OR glasses on so I was just squinting and hoping I didn't run into any walls.


b) I have been watching Shark Week A LOT this week - and when I haven't been home to make it in time ... you better believe I DVR this stuff. My roomie and I were watching it the other night and while listening to people's renditions of shark attacks I had a disgusted look on my face -- and the conversation went a little like this:

Me: I don't understand how these people are so stupid? Don't they watch Shark Week? Don't you know you are supposed to punch them in the NOSE! that's where they sense things! THEN after I did that -- I would jump on its back, if I wasn't already trapped in its jaws ... and I would ride it like a dolphin.

Roomie: You will most definitely get eaten by a shark, you idiot.

I still think my theory would work .... but you gotta keep in mind that if the shark dives for the depth - let go and hope for the best..best option: it moves towards the shore and you just ride to saftey. just FYI.

C) I went to the Gavin DeGraw, Train and Maroon 5 concert on Tuesday ... it was my first and only summer concert this year (crazy right?! I've just been so busy!) ... well I am going to Britney in a few weeks, but thats inside and doesnt count as a real summer concert -- anyway -- The show was GREAT. I forgot how great all the bands are ... Train was great just on there own...I didnt think Maroon 5 could top it and yet they did-- especially when Adam Levine came out wearing ... not skinny jeans ... but skinny SWEATPANTS and he had them tucked into this pants -- I kid you not. But hey, hes Adam Levine-- so he can do what he wants. Also, forgot how old the Train lead singer is -- but was quickly reminded how awesome he is when they played classic Train songs like "Meet Virginia" ("who needs Virginia, when youve got North Carolina" - train) and ended with my favorite - Drops of Jupiter (helllo high school) ... Maroon 5 were great too -- and even in this August southern heat -- we had a great time.

Oh, did I mention we got free seats -- rather close?! As in prolly about halfway from the stage from the lawn. For once I didnt have to look at the large screens to see the bands, I could see it all just fine. yeaahhhhhhhhhhh. oh, and also got the hook up for Britney. yeah, I'm brushing the dirt off my shoulders as I type this. Boom. Yahtzee.

d) Anyone else watch Jersey Shore last night?! I forgot how much I love Pauly D ... and the grenade horn ... which is just a bike horn. CABS ARE HERE!

e) Anyone, while watching Jersey Shore, see the commerical for Rob Dyrdek's new show? Ridiculousness?! Which is my favorite word, ever. I'm already sold. As of now -- no good YouTube videos...but Ill check again when Im back on this side of the Atlantic Ocean.

and lastly before I leave you all for a week --


Tabor's birthday is while I'm gone -- I'll put up a belated post when I get back.... but in the meantime - Happy Birthday (a few days early) TMoney...sorry we can't celebrate at Howl at the Moon. xoxox


oh, and also. AHM ... get well soon. and i love you, brother.

No comments: