Last semester, one of my students brought me a glass bowl he had made in art. Now granted he walked in with it to get a band-aid since a part of it had chipped and it cut him ... but he decided to give the bowl to me instead of taking it home. It's a pretty good looking bowl and so I decided to put it to use by putting my paperclips, pushpins and other small office objects in it. The fact that I actually used it, instead of throwing it out, cracked him up ... and I think made him a little proud too.
The original piece of artwork.
Last Thursday I'm walking back up to my office and he says "Miss Mann ... you need to go look at your desk. You'll be happy" and I walk into find an orange clay bowl on my desk with a note claiming it as another famous art piece. Now I'm not quite sure what I'm going to use this bowl for - but clearly I will display it as part of my now famous art collection.
The addition to my art collection.
Today, as I was on the phone with my sister ... two kids walk in bringing me what appears to me a wire giraffe of some sort ... and a card board geometric abstract peice. As I was trying to explain what the commotion was to Ellen as she heard it all through the phone she requested a piece of art.
Now I REALLY don't know what I'm going to do with these items and I even paused to ask the kids "Are your mother's going to be upset that you're not bringing home any artwork?" What I do know is that if I'm going to display all these pieces of art ... I think the giraffe needs a name ... and nametag.



No comments:
Post a Comment