Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

a quarter century?! already?!

I'm a little out of order with my last posts ... while Alston's birthday was yesterday ... mine was last week!!! I apologize for not getting things up in order (trust me, its bothering me ... but eh, what can I do? So just go with me on this.)

Last Thursday I turned the big 2-5. Although I was dreading hitting the quarter of a century mark, I had a very good Thursday!! Lots happened to make it special including:  my little 6th graders baked me cupcakes, the athletic staff treated me to lunch, Rives called and sang to me... and my facebook, email and text messages were filled with happy wishes!! I even had some 8th graders attempt to make a card ... you can tell they don't know how to use colored pencils or write in bubble letters ... but bless their hearts they tried!

We spent the evening bowling at Strike City ... and while I didn't win (I don't think I was even close to winning) I did bowl a strike! We continued the celebration with some quality sing a longs at Howl at the Moon ... and Tabor busted out some brand new dance moves! We had a great time and I appreciate everyone coming out to celebrate!!!


Phrase of the night at Howl at the Moon ... Thanks BK and T$!


Friday early morning we packed up and headed down to Charleston to continue birthday shenanigans.

Mom, Dad, Aunt Frances and Uncle Ed were also coincidentally down there and were able to treat me and a few friends to a delicious dinner at Oak Steakhouse before we met up with the rest of the group. We had a great dinner catching up ... signing books :) and enjoying the company. THANKS MOM AND DAD!! (and I'm sorry we didn't get a good group photo!)


Girls after dinner


Scott happened to be visiting too , so we made sure to meet up!


Charleston favorites !

The rest of the weekend was spent basking in the sunshine at the beach, playing some ladder ball ... and even swimming in the ocean (I was surprised it was so warm!)  ... We split from the group the 2nd night to find DR. ALLIE ... who graduated from PT school and was celebrating with her family and friends as well... I AM SO PROUD OF YOU ALLIE! (I also was a big fan of your shades!)


Ladder Ball Champs on Isle of Palms!


Congrats Allie Wehunt, Doctor of Physical Therapy!
 -- and thanks for letting me wear your shades!

Thanks to all who made my 25th one to remember.
Cheers and here's to another year for me to finally get it right.

No comments: