Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

the end of the world?

The Mayan's are waiting til 2012 for the end of the world ... but according to some wacko named, Harold Camping  , the end of the world -- or rapture - is happening on May 21st ... which happens to be the day we are celebrating my birthday.  (the actual date is the 20th, but Saturday works better with schedules ... and lets face it ... I celebrate the whole month, so does it matter?)

anyway.

I received this email from a friend regarding the end of the world / my birthday:


All,
Since it’s the apparent end of the world this weekend, we need to make sure Katherine’s birthday is a blowout before 6pm on Saturday in case some of us get taken.
I will bring the following items for the End of the World theme party:
Red Koolaid (if you want to go early)
Matching white robes
Gold coins in case we have to pay Charon for the river crossing
Copies of your favorite novel (could be a long wait if everyone is going at once, see: DMV on Sat morning)
Dartboard featuring Harold Camping’s photo
Suntan lotion (for those of us headed south of the border)
3 forms of photo ID (apparently St. Peter is a stickler for those kinds of things)
Pedialyte

Feel free to add to the list as you see fit.

If you’re still around after 6pm, I suggest dinner at Big Daddy’s.


I suppose its a good thing my friends like to plan. I'll let you know how Saturday turns out.

No comments: