Yes, right there (I know you just glanced over there) ... you're correct, that's what I am referring to. The big list ...titled...The Book List.
Last Summer I started to list the books I was reading at the time to let others know what I had packed in my beach bag, in case someone else needed an idea as to what book to purchase next.
If you actually click ON the book title ... it will bring you to the Amazon page where you can download it to your Kindle...or purchase the book ... or even browse the sample.
I am currently in Book 3 of the The Hunger Game Series, written by Suzanne Collins. The first book, also titled The Hunger Games, I finished in about a week. The second one, Catching Fire I downloaded immediately after finishing the first one. and the third Mockingjay, I have been crushing as well.They are very interesting ... and yes, somewhat disturbing books. and yes, also technically meant for a younger audience... but they're addicting. and trust me -- youre going to start hearing a lot about them.
Here's a short summary of the first book:
Here's a short summary of the first book:
"In a not-too-distant future, North America has collapsed, weakened by drought, fire, famine, and war, to be replaced by Panem, a country divided into the Capitol and 12 districts. Each year, two young representatives from each district are selected by lottery to participate in The Hunger Games. Part entertainment, part brutal intimidation of the subjugated districts, the televised games are broadcasted throughout Panem as the 24 participants are forced to eliminate their competitors, literally, with all citizens required to watch."
Yeah. sayyyyyy what?! Those were my thoughts too -- but yet I couldn't put the book down.But then again most of you looked at me like I had lost my mind when I told you to read this little book about a human girl who falls in love with a vampire. (you're welcome for that by the way)
Shout Out to Becky for telling me about them!! Oh, and the movies ... they're on the way. So if you want to jump on this bandwagon ... I'm on it. Feel free to join.
No comments:
Post a Comment