Normally our crew makes an appearance at the "famous" Carolina Cup in SC... but we missed it this year when we decided to do the Cooper River Run instead. So we took full advantage of the horse race here in Charlotte and enjoyed a day of horse racing.
I know right ... more horse races?! I bet again this weekend ... and I still lost every race. I'm starting to think horse betting isn't really my thing. Actually -- my first horse, It's a G Man, was disqualified from the first race. I suppose I should have taken that as a sign right there. It's never a good sign when your first race doesn't even finish!
We're ready for the Queens Cup!
Then we took some pictures with the horses! I thought
this was the highlight of my day!
Austin fixing his bowtie...
whats a horse race without some fun hats?!
The opening ceremony ... the horses and THE HOUNDS!!!
HERE THEY COME!
Austin ... oh yes... riding a horse.
It might have taken him a couple tries to get up on the horse ... there were some saddle issues...
or maybe the fact the he is a grown man. Watching him up there - I thought to myself...
"wait a minute. If he can do it, why can't I do it?!" So what if there were some 3 and 4 years olds waiting in line behind me ...I maen, I wanna ride a horse!
so uuhhhhhh... this totally happened.
and THIS was the highlight of my day.
No comments:
Post a Comment