So ... this whole "Twitter" craze ... which isn't so much a craze as it's been around for a while now ... but it has finally caught up with me. Well, more like I am curious.
kmann12 ... is officially on Twitter...and brace yourself: I posted my first tweet yesterday.
I am following some people. and I have about 5 people following me ... granted they are 2 friends from college and 3 of my other friends...but you know, baby steps.
I've been told - its bascially like updating your Facebook status. But you are limited to 140 characters. and I can see famous peoples pages, unlike Facebook...where they won't be accepting any random friend requests. So I checked out the typical ones I keep hearing about: Charlie Sheen, Jimmy Fallon, Miley Cyrus, Chelsea Handler...etc.Then looked at some Sports figures: Alex Ovechkin, a lot of UNC BBall players including Tyler Hansbrough, Bobby Frasor ...and basically spent a lot of time just seeing who was on Twitter and who had interesting profiles. (uhh, Eric Staal does not, just fyi)
Here is where I am struggling with this whole thing.1) what is this RT and re-tweet and @ and # business?!? also please refrain from tweeting, re-tweeing or doing whatever it is thats going on.... every 15 minutes. I can't keep up.
2) wait, so you're telling me I can follow Tyler Hansbrough? and other famous people? and I can tweet AT them?! As in... communicate with them?! and they might respond to me?!!?! whaaaaaaaat. that seems a bit crazy.
I'll admit I am now currently following Bobby Frasor and Alex Ovechkin among other celebrities...but do they not find it creepy when people try to talk to them? and give them shout outs? ask for re-tweet or shout outs to them!? apparently not ... because there's a lot of that going on.
I currently do not follow Tyler Hansbrough ... why not? I'm not sure ... but if I did and could gain the courage to tweet at him...here is what I would like to say.
@THANS50 : thank god you stopped wearing mock turtlenecks. best decision (besides staying all 4 years at Carolina) that you could have made. Stick with the coat and tie dude.

You think that would go over well?
3) I don't even know what trending means or what it is ... but they keep telling me things are trending.
4) As previously mentioned ...My first tweet was yesterday. Bobby Frasor is credited with bringin up yesterdays Blogpost with his tweet:
BFrasor: This could be the greatest thing ever. Call 3172754444 (free of charge) to hear @THANS50 read Chicken Little.
I decided that since it cracked me up ... it was worthy of my first tweet -- and I bravely said:
@BFrasor: I didnt plan on using twitter much, but that was too funny/awesome and so my first tweet is to say Thank You for sharing.
I got a response back from Bobby ... no big deal. ; ) creepy? kinda. but awesome? also, kinda.
I think this might be more addiciting than I thought ... if I don't get overwhelmed.
feel free to follow me ... if you can handle it.
4) As previously mentioned ...My first tweet was yesterday. Bobby Frasor is credited with bringin up yesterdays Blogpost with his tweet:
BFrasor: This could be the greatest thing ever. Call 3172754444 (free of charge) to hear @THANS50 read Chicken Little.
I decided that since it cracked me up ... it was worthy of my first tweet -- and I bravely said:
@BFrasor: I didnt plan on using twitter much, but that was too funny/awesome and so my first tweet is to say Thank You for sharing.
I got a response back from Bobby ... no big deal. ; ) creepy? kinda. but awesome? also, kinda.
I think this might be more addiciting than I thought ... if I don't get overwhelmed.
feel free to follow me ... if you can handle it.
No comments:
Post a Comment