Well folks ... first things first:
we all survived the rapture -- yahoo!
Now, more importantly --
we survived my 26th Birthday Weekend! double YAHOO!
Friday: The day of my actual birth ... we had a lowkey evening which consisted of dinner and a movie ... and stocking up on emergency end of the world supplies and making sure the Wii remotes were fully charged. So now that we all survived the rapture, does anyone wanna buy 6 months of canned food?!
Totally kidding about the stockpiling part. But we did enjoy a Hawthorne's pizza night and Fast Five movie treat ... which was incredibly terrible ... even Paul Walker didn't make it quite bearable to sit through. (I'm looking forward to the new Pirates & Hangover part II this week)
The day was filled with hugs, texts, facebook books posts, voicemails and lots of well wishes and of course -- some delightful surprises
Favorite Voicmail: Ellen at 8am .. telling me to "Wake Up! is yo' birrrrthday" and then a lovely song also.
Favorite Facebook Post: is a tie between Miss Tabor and Miss Becky.
Tabor: i'm pretty sure i called you a few days ago and you didn't pick it up, pick it up, pick it up up up up. i felt like i'd never talk to you again, but i've been told to never say never. i hope u smile tomorrow on your birthday, and i know if i was there you'd be one less lonely girl. too bad i'll be in denver, stuck in the moment. keep me updated if you happen to find somebody to love and he starts calling you baby, baby, baby.
happy birthday, from me and the biebs. speak soon.
Becky's post included THIS video:
Favorite Text: Slater - "Happy Birthday to you and your old lady pajamas"
Favorite Card: has to go to John Erb's homemade Phillies card/wrapping speaks volumes. oh, hey Chase Utley and Phillie Phanatic. Best part was Monica's comment on how long it actually took him to do it all.
Favorite E-Mail: Kristy's email including many YouTube videos with connections to our shenanigans as friends ... "Viper's up here? Oh Great" "He's probably saying 'Oh great, it's Maverick and Goose!' "
Or maybe Alstons that just said "Happy Bday, see you at the lake!"
Or maybe Alstons that just said "Happy Bday, see you at the lake!"
THANKS FOR ALL THE MESSAGES, THEY ALL MADE MY DAY!
Saturday after a nice afternoon poolside -- We grilled out and enjoyed the delightful soon-to-be-Summer air. We had chicken and burgers ... and of course ... cake. Which Matty so graciously decorated with plenty of sprinkles. When he brought out the cake I believe it went something like this:
M: Oh god, you are so old ... 31?! I dont have room for all of these candle or time to light them all.
K: really with all this 31 nonsense... I'm only 26 ...
M: or 31. Well I'll just put them all in the center here ... this will save time. by the way, dont break your hip bowling later.
Everyone: ...or catch your hair on fire from the huge flame now coming from your cake.
Sunday I met my fellow AT's for dinner at Village Tavern and they suprised me with a totally awesome crown to wear -- and a special delivery... from my boy, Chase (who has oddly similar handwriting to John, haha) ...
M: Oh god, you are so old ... 31?! I dont have room for all of these candle or time to light them all.
K: really with all this 31 nonsense... I'm only 26 ...
M: or 31. Well I'll just put them all in the center here ... this will save time. by the way, dont break your hip bowling later.
Everyone: ...or catch your hair on fire from the huge flame now coming from your cake.
Then it was off to Strike City for some bowling action. I am so terrible ... my first two four bowls were gutter balls. I finally got the hang of it in the 3rd and 4th frames ... but ... goodness. It's really okay though because since it was my birthday ... I won no matter what the scoreboard said. boom. Plus ... we all looked totally hot in our socks and bowling shoes. winning.
Stewart ... spelled wrong, Joise ... spelled wrong.
and me with 2 0's on the board?! that has to be wrong too, right? crap.
some bowling action ... good form.
these two might be my favorite when put above one another...
the top part of me, Josie and Liz ...
and then the bottom part ... our awesome socks and shoes!
Liz taking her turn ...
a candid shot ... that I saw coming, clearly.
Shepp with the Aaron Rodgers' Championship belt move
after bowling a strike! (i think he won the whole thing)
Oh, did I mention Chase Utley surprised me and bowled too?!
HAHAHA!
seriously, he is bowling here ... but not at birthday party. or is he?
My friends and family TOTALLY rock.
xoxoxoxo!
xoxoxoxo!
Hopefully 26 will also totally rock!





No comments:
Post a Comment