Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

8th Grade Moves Up ... Finally!

The night before I left for England - we had our 8th grade moving up ceremony at school.

Finally ... I can ship my 8th graders up to the Upper School where Steph and Monica can deal with them ... and I can visit as needed. Quite an improvement from everyday shenanigans.

Now wait, some of my posts have been about their antics -- and I clearly enjoy what I do ... so why do I want to ship them off?! Well mainly...it means that summer is here and I can finally have some time not dictated by the Coaches and the kids. It's my time!

Anyway... I picked out my dress, threw on some heels, put on my monogrammed necklace, curled my hair and grabbed my cardigan. My kids and parents didn't recognize me ... most of the kids don't understand that I own more than khakis, polos and soccer shorts.

The faculty marched in -- the kids walked in -- we had some great speeches...saw some great kids win very deserving awards. Then...out of the corner of my eye, a little 7th grader who was a NJHS Usher for the ceremony ... fell. He had fainted on the stage steps ... immediately some parents who are Doctors rushed to his aid and I out of normal reaction stood up in the middle of all the faculty seats.

I walked out there, talked to him -- brought him outside the gym, called Mom, got him home ... walked back into the gym ... joined the Faculty Choir to sing  (oh yes, I'm sometimes in the faculty choir)... and then went down to the training room to call home and check on him a little more.

Never a day off, eh?!
However; I found out I can do Athletic Training in heels, curls and a dress -- no big deal :)

(The student is fine, by the way ... more embarrassed than anything ... but perfectly fine)

When I finally made it out to the reception ... I was bombarded by my athletes and parents - saying that they had been looking and looking for me ... determined to get a photo before they left for their family celebrations. One of the mothers was sweet enough to actually send some of the photos my way this morning ... so I thought I'd share them as well.




I will miss my kiddos next year -- but I look forward to the new batch ... and watching this years class
excel at high school sports.

No comments: