Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

gimme yo digits!!

Most of you know by now - my phone decided to go crazy a few weeks ago and somehow delete EVERY phone number that was in my contact list.
Of course, I'm the idiot who didn't back up my contacts with Google ... the whole point of the smart android phone ... but details, details.

Could be a good thing as I still had ex-boyfriends, people's houselines (even though they've moved) and other irrelevant numbers saved.

I then spent a few days emailing, facebooking, and stealing friends' phones to recollect and resave numbers into my phone.

I asked people to kindly text me with their name ... so I could save their number.

Here are just a few of the texts/emails I got back:

"hey mom jeans, guess who this is?"

"your pajamas are awesome"

"hey pansey... you better know who this is ... "

"what if we dont ever want to hear from you again?" ...a few seconds later..."this is your favorite Dukie by the way ...."

"this is Liz .. and no I am not giving you my husband's number..."

"i hope you know my number but heres a hint: the last episode I watched is the one where Lucas and Keith are in the car accident on their way to pick up Karen from the airport"

"This is Carrie... and because I am old ... here is my house number"

"919-555-5555 :) you probably already still have my parent's house number memorized.
[then she listed my house number] . yes, i did that by memory just now."  


Thanks for making it entertaining to play "Guess that number" so I could save it all back into my phone ... and if I don't have your number ... best be getting that to me -- if you ever want to hear from me again ;)

No comments: