Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

a train wreck if ive ever seen one ...

well. yes. by now you know -- Austin Rivers crushed a sold-out Dean E. Smith Center with his last second 3 pointer (1 of Dukes 14) to have the Blue Devils take the first W in the Battle of the Blues.

I made the trip to Chapel Hill and met up with Mom, Dad and Ellen ... win, lose or draw (even though clearly we much more prefer the win) it's always something else to be inside that building on a Duke game night. 

I think its safe to say ... Carolina basically folded in the last 2 minutes and handed Duke the game. A game in which both teams fought like heck to stay in ... I'm not worried. A couple more calls our way, a couple more free-throws made and even a air-balled 3 point shot not tipped in -- and we will be just fine come March. No worries.


and yes, I did rock the Hansbrough jersey to the game.
too bad it didn't bring us luck.


Some other highlights of the night:

*walked by Erin Andrews.

*Also spotted in the crowd? A banana, a frog, a snuggie, Eric Church (yes, the singer), some Carolina alum ... and also alledgedly Lil Wayne.

*The UNC Men's Soccer team was acknowledged for their National Championship ...



*Harrison Barnes' reaction to the Duke guys being ALL over him ...

*Rameses' busted out quite a talented dance routine with the dance team during a time out. Kick line and all...

*OH! and the cheerleaders got new uniforms and I am ABSOLUTLEY on board.
WHITE with blue trim/lettering?! well done. well done indeed. big fan!


 

You cant hear anything. and Im sorry

but NO ... it isn't due to the recording.

its due to it being the Duke/Carolina game in Chapel Hill.
okay, so maybe my phone doesnt have the best video/microphone recording capabilites --
but it WAS insanely loud. and hot.

above - Rameses waving the flag with the Alma Mater - electric guitar style - playing in the arena.

below - the teams starting line up. Im just mad I missed John Hensons dance up the line.

and then third. -- the best intro to college basketball in my opinion...Jump Around.




 
Go Heels.
GTHD.



No comments: