Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Lob City, NC


Friday was the annual Student v. Faculty basketball game here at the middle school.

Last years victory is accounted for here in case you don't remember my AWESOME stats :::

------> you ball hard. we ball harder.    <-------

It's preceded by many morning announcements by faculty and students alike talking some trash ... about taking the kids to school ... and how our little middle school gym is to become to new "Lob City" as the dunks are coming courtesy of the men faculty ...

It's also probably my least favorite day -- due to its me panicking that I might actually have to step on the court JUST to be mocked, heckled and laughed at by a gym full of children...

...and yet the competitive athlete in me HATES just sitting on the bench not playing ... so really ... I stress the whole game...

So this year - I vowed that I would not play ... I would wear my jeans (yahoo dress down day!) rock my #12 jersey and hair ribbon anyway ... but sit this one out.

Next thing I know earlier this week I am once again trying to learn how to make a lay-up and attempt to "reach for the cookies" on my free-throws instead of just hurling the ball in the semi-close direction of the basketball hoop. I hate basketball. I turned out to be quite the defensive player however ... and had a lot of fun playing this go round ...

This year the women's faculty fought hard .. but couldn't overcome the 8th graders falling just short of victory... the Men however took care of the 8th grade boys -- with our Head of School dropping a 3 pointer right out of the gate!

Stats for this Year!

Points: 0
Shots: 1 ... airballed it.
Free Throws: 1 ... hit the rim. so that counts as points in my book. trust me ... the LAST thing I wanted to do was airball a free throw ...
Rebounds: quite a few actually ... hence my "turning out to the quite the defensive player"
WipeOuts: None this year!! :)
... oh ... annnnnd...
.
Tackles: 1 .. flat out took out a girl on a breakaway. my bad. small children. must remember that next time.


Ladies' Faculty are ready to play!

wait ... so your team doesn't tip off with a ladder and a hard hat? weird.
worked for us ....


why yes, I did play with a ribbon in my hair.
Why wouldn't I?

the 8th grade coaches -- full suits and all.


The Men faculty taking the 8th grade boys to SCHOOL.


Our Head of School -- dropping another 3 pointer ... SPLASH
notice his expertly taped ankles by me
(and no, I didn't autograph them as I do for the kids...although yes, I thought about it)

We have some kids each year dress as the coaches (full suits and all) ... and this year 3 kids started walking towards me with popped collars, sunglasses and croakies, fannypacks and khakis ... the other faculty were wondering outloud "Who are they supposed to be?" .. so I looked up and just started to laugh .... "They're me" I said ... "they're apparently my Athletic Training Staff for the afternoon"

boom.


Coach TB doing some serious work

My 8th grade girls team ... nothing but love after a rough game!

No comments: