Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Happy Hunger Games!

For those living under a rock ... or simply NOT reading my blog (Beth!)... tonight at midnight The Hunger Games movie releases. and yes, as suspected -- we have midnight tickets. and luckily -- we also have reserved seating so we wont have to show up at the theatre at 10:30 and wait with teenagers ... aka my students ... to see the film. This way we watch NCAA basketball and then tra-la-la-la over the theatre close to midnight.
Funny Movies Ecard: May you not be slaughtered by teenagers while fighting for a good seat at The Hunger Games.


Yesterday Bean emailed our movie group about attending a "March Madnesss Fundraiser" at Hickory Tavern -- a $10 donation is reccommended -- to grab some food, drinks and watch bball until having to head over.

I sent a reply back about how the event wasn't themed or directly related to the movie event .. and if people werent in costumes, I didn't want to be a part of it. Then added that no one cares to watch Kentucky play tonight anyway.

MRJ replied with his own "pre-Hunger Games event" :

There will also be an event beforehand at my condo, to benefit staying awake during the movie. Everyone is welcome to come and nap on my couch/floor until 1120 or so. A $10 donation is also recommended.   The event I’m hosting is directly related to Hunger Games, Peeta will stand guard at the door of the cave aka my condo while we sleep. Silver parachute party gifts pending.

Which then created a whole list of replies that make me believe that we are not 26 and 27 years old ... that we are 12. and we are all insanely excited for this movie tonight.... AND with the day I had yesterday dealing with children -- these emails were EXACTLY what I needed. It's days like these that I am thankful my friends are so stupid.

MRJ also added : Also, if you refer to me as Finnick all night I will not be offended.


  HAPPY HUNGER GAMES!!!
Hope everyone enjoys the 74th annual games!!

and if you HAVENT read the books?
GET ON IT.

No comments: