I just had a stare down with a Goose.
We have a Mother Goose ... literally ... at school. Each year she returns to the MS campus to lay her eggs. She sits on her nest, the cafeteria crew feeds her snacks... and eventually ... the baby geese hatch ... and literally get in a line and waddle down the road as they leave.
She is currently back .. and in the process of building her nest and laying her eggs. We currently have 2 eggs in the nest, according to our "Goose Crew"
TODAY however ... Poppa Goose has decided to guard the area of the road around where Mother Goose builds her nest. This impact me ... as ... I need to get by on that road to get to certain athletic fields.
While on my 1st run of the day to set up home games ... Mr. Goose and I got into a little staring contest to see who would be the one the budge to allow the other one to continue with their job.
Mine being - to set up the fields.
His being - to guard the nest.
"You Shall Not Pass"
I did get past him ... slowly ... and while looking at him and waving my hand in a "its okay, its okay, im so sorry...just give me a minute" way and saying outloud -- "sorry! sorry! dont hurt me!" --- like the Goose could actually hear me / understand my body language?!?
The LAST thing I need was to be attacked by this thing and go running down the road yelling "GET THIS GOOSE AWAY FROM ME!" in front on an entire 7th and 8th grade lunch period.
You can see the Mother Goose at the top of the wall .... this is where she builds her nest- - the windwos behind her lead to the cafeteria and so we can keep an eye on her and the youngins!
Roadblock. C'mon Goose .... I just need to get by!!



No comments:
Post a Comment