So I know that Friday Night Lights ended a while ago ... but while searching for something else on YouTube the other day I ran across this promo for the final episode that I had never seen before.
In the mood to reminisce ... and a bit bored ...
I clicked "play"
This was aired right before the final episode ... and while I am so thankful for my DVR .. it doesn't record the moments right before that 8.00pm mark ... and nothing after that 9.00pm mark ... so I never actually saw this part.
It isn't the footage ... or the fact that Tim Riggins is in it ...that made me rewatch it again and again... and again -- it is the message delivered by Kyle Chandler.
and with my football team "heading to State" tomorrow night ... I thought I'd share. I'll also consider it another Throwback Thursday ... to take us back to Dillon ...
"We are all vulnerable. And we will all at some point in our lives... fall. We will all fall.
We must carry this in our hearts: that we have is special,
that it can be taken from us and that when it is taken from us -- we will be tested.
We will be tested to our very souls ... We will all now be tested.
It is these times, it is this pain - that allows us to look inside ourselves."
clear eyes ... full hearts.
Texas Forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment