John Erb, the Athletic Trainer at Providence Day School, saw Roy Williams the other night as he was scouting a player from Christ School. It's good to know he's out there "doing work" so that we can bounce back from this season! It was the day right after our Clemson loss...I should have driven over there and asked him "Why do you keep playing Tyler Zeller?" But I didn't believe that he was actually there since John normally just makes fun of me and UNC!
So while I was at practice ... I get this text from him:
John: Roy Williams is sitting outside my training room, I told him to get out of my way.
Me: Is he there to do rehab his shoulder? Someone should tell him you're a terrible Athletic Trainer.
John: He really is here. He is scouting a kid from Christ School.
Me: Oh! Well in that case ... can you get me Tyler Hansbrough's phone number?!
While I didnt succeed in setting up a first date with Tyler, haha, he did get his autograph for me! John said Roy was very cordial and took photos and signed autograph's during half time and after the game. (It's the classy Carolina way)

1 comment:
That's awesome! Why can't you have any CCDS kids to be scouted so that you can hang with Roy? Tell him that we need a shooting guard, stat.
Post a Comment