Last November I spent a week in bed literally just crying to myself because I felt so terrible from the swine flu. I was so miserable that my mother was about to drive to Charlotte just to take care of me. (this was after she called me and I just cried the entire time). When I went to the Dr's I literally had a conversation like this:
Dr: Well, the normal strand of flu test came back negative, but you clearly have it. You probably actually have H1N1...have you been exposed to it.
Me: Yes, well, a few kids at school have been diagnosed and been at home...but...I mean..
Dr: ...Yes, well, we wont do the test...but it's clearly that or something like that.
I wanted to scream at him: Really?! PROBABLY!? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!? JUST GIVE ME MEDS AND MAKE THE PAIN STOP AND THE FEVER GO AWAY!!!!
But I just sat there, nodded, and tried not to throw up on the table.
He then sent me home with abour 3 different drugs ... one of which was Vicodin. THAT is how much pain and misery I was in... although the Vicodin just made my stomach more upset and made me feel worse so I have most of it left (any takers?! kidding, kidding....Mom...I'm not a drug dealer)
I missed a week of work, I missed the first Thursday night football game in Kenan Stadium (although we ended up losing in the end to Fla St, so that actually worked out well that I missed it), a week later I barely made it out of bed for the Gravediggers's Backstreet Boys concert -- but I did. (BSB for LIFE)
So this afternoon I opted to recieve the H1N1 vaccine from the school where I work. In the back of my head I have fears of all the horror stories that have popped up around the nation as result of this vaccination...however; I took my chances and marched into the school cafeteria and let our school nurse ask me if I wanted the shot or the the spray in the nose...I freaked out and had no clue which one to answer. After a quick debate.... I went with the shot. Im a pro at shots.
...but whatever happened to the fun band-aids after?! I was VERY dissapointed.
No comments:
Post a Comment