"...always remember there is nothing worth sharing, like the love that let's us share our name"
- Murder in the City ... and also maybe one of the greatest lines in musical lyric history.
This past weekend I travelled up 77N to "The Dash" ... also known to those who don't want to be beat up by calling it "the dash" ... as Winston-Salem ... to see Ryan and Becky and The Avett Brothers.
Later while planning the weekend - we realized Wake played a home game the same day against Florida St; so we decided to make a whole day of it - and do some football and then the music.
Wake took down ranked FSU (which is always good to see them lose) .. while I kept a close eye on my scoretracker as my Heels took down Louisville (5-1, say whaaaaaat)
We ordered some pizza, changed out of our black and gold (yes, I was a good sport and rocked the Wake colors) and headed down the road to Greensboro.
Becky and Ryan in an "awkward thoughtful" pose
We're ready for some avetts!
I would also like to point out that yes, I'm aware I was completely terrible at taking photos this weekend.
Avett's played in a small, new, outdoor amplitheatre and I'm not going to lie ... might've been the best playlist ever.
No opener, just 3 hours of Avetts...
No big screens as we worked our way quite close...
Gorgeous fall, Carolina weather.
Gorgeous fall, Carolina weather.
I'm with some of my favorites in the world.
oh, and did I mention 3 hours of Avetts?!
Unlike Britney where the video's I made a conscious effort not to be singing/screaming .. Becky and I did not do this this go round. So I apologize ifwe're a little off key ... but we thought we sounded quite good.
The whole gang started at the top of the lawn ... standing literally on the concourse that walks around the top of the hill. When everyone stood up -- I couldn't see as I am only 5 '3" ... BK and I made an executive decision and worked our way down to the front row of the lawn.
Later we realized that where we had stopped ... there was another section of lawn seats. Naturally, we once again ... weaved our way down to the NEXT front row of the lawn. We made friends with the people around us ... and had a blast.
"...decide what to be and go be it ...."
"...tell everyone who needs to know ... that we are headed North"
"three words that became hard to say ... I and love and you"
"be loud and let your color show ... try to keep the madness low"
Well done again boys, well done.
They're shows never cease to amaze me.
Thank You.
They're shows never cease to amaze me.
Thank You.
1 comment:
Love the post. The videos are a little hard to listen too. I seriously thought we were on key hahaha. Oh Avett Brothers how I love thee!
Post a Comment