Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Throwback Thurs: the man, the myth, the legend.

 Ravenscroft's Homecoming
is tomorrow.

ahhh, the glory days ...
of cheering for that Green & Gold.



 I received the invite in the mail a few months back and unlucky for me my schedule is already booked! I will  be on my way to Savannah, Georgia tomorrow for the long awaited wedding of Brittany and Brandon! which should give my Ravens some peice of mind -- knowing that No, I did not choose a CD game over a Ravens game... I will not be attending EITHER football game.

No worries, I'll make next years Homecoming ... I mean it will be our

10 year reunion

Yes, Class of 2003... means a 2012 reunion -- since it is the 2012-2013 school year.
a bit confusing I admit ... but in the end it all makes sense.

Anyway .. .so I am reading my invitation and WHAT?! WHAT IS THIS?!?!



OH! That's right -- being inducted into the Sports Hall of Fame ... is none other than the man himself --
Trey Lewis

My first thought: Whaaaaaatttttt???!?!?!? This punk?!?!
My second thought: He's such a pansey! Seriously, this guy?!?


He once made me sprint the entire length of the field after collapsing after a play - just to tell me
to pretend like I'm doing something medical... so he can have a rest ... he was tired

Then later in the next all-school mailing -- they included his senior year photo:


I immediately took a picture of it and uploaded to facebook.
it got a lot of thumbs ups.

This is the same kid who would let his hair out for the Gibbons basketball games ... and I think PartyCity was in a shortage for afro wigs by the time all the Seniors got our hands on ours ...



All kidding aside, Trey is one of my best friends from high school -- I watched him play for the Ravens and then go off to Ball State and helped lead the Cardinals to some great victories.


I am genuinely upset that I can not make it back to Raleigh for this occasion ... I am sure there would have been some t-shirts made ... or I would have found my way into the storage closet and pulled out a throwback #5 jersey to rock.

and an afro wig.

Congrats T.Lew ... you pansey!!

Thanksgiving 2008

No comments: