Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Wine by Design

"we live in the city of dreams ... we drive on the highway of fire. should we wake and find it gone; remember ...
this is our favorite town"  
- widespread panic -


Last night Liz and I headed over to the Wine Palette ... opened up a bottle of red wine and painted for 2 hours in a Wine by Design class! The instructor stands at the front and gives you step by step guidance as you paint.

I'll say it: Liz struggled a little bit and insisted the next time that we have an "outing" -- that we would not do anything artistic and instead go golfing ... as she is a pretttty excellent golfer. I accepted the challenge ... but required a golfer, that looks like -- or IS -- Adam Scott to be there as our instructor.

Check out step by step - how the Charlotte skyline came to life.

For the record --- the instructors painting was so much better. I should have just offered to sit there and drink the wine while she painted mine. I think I would have been just as content, ha!


its sunset in Charlotte! ... apparently...


here comes the Duke Energy Building and Hearst Tower


oh, hey Bank of America building


and what I call the "Juke Box" building


then honestly, we made up "filler buildings"


and added some greenery ... and a road


TADA!
The Queen City.

No comments: