- Marianna Pfefferle ... a friend and former teammate of mine's facebook status on Wednesday.
I gave it a thumbs up.
I'm telling you ... this week is the week of Finals -- HP, FNL .. and now the Women's World Cup Final
If you haven't heard (and if you haven't at least heard...well..shame on you ...Tabor since your beau played soccer I am assuming he has filled you in) ... SO ... I'll start again.
If you haven't heard - the US Women's National Team beat France 3-1 on Wednesday to advance to the FIFA World Cup Championship. We've got some Tar Heels on the team including Heather O'Reilly in addition to some other really fantastic players on the squad ... I told you it was going to be a good World Cup. Did I not?!
Last time we won the Championship?! Oh what's that you said Prince??


Yesssssir, 1999.
And Brandi Chastain had her moment of glory in the PK's and then gave us all a moment by celebrating ... in her sports bra.
They face off against Japan at 2pm today.... Here's to hoping that we get to celebrate again this year ... but that everyone keeps their clothes on. Actually, hell, its the FIFA World Cup ... those girls can do whatever they please. Leggggo USA.
Peace, America and Wambach.

Im off to the beach for a week with the family... with plans to watch the game, duh I'm looking forward to one more vacation before August and football begins ... waaaahhwaaaaah.
Catch ya on the flip side!!
Go Heels. Go America.

No comments:
Post a Comment