Lots of endings happening this week ... Harry Potter ... and now Friday Night Lights.
I don't know if I can handle all of this ...
(HP review coming soon, I'll give you all slackers some time to go see it)
It all started 5 years ago ...

I don't know if I can handle all of this ...
(HP review coming soon, I'll give you all slackers some time to go see it)
It all started 5 years ago ...

Lyla, Jason, Matt, Coach Taylor... and of course (sigh) Tim Riggins
and the rest Dillon Panthers. That first episode shocked us all and felt almost like a season finale cliffhanger, rather than a pilot episode. I mean, starting quarterback paralyzed?! and we're just starting?! and that Tim Riggins ... love him already and I don't even know him.
I was hooked. immediately.
Season 2 was shortened by the Writer's Strike of 2007 ... with 7 of the 22 episodes not being filmed. Then came the threat of the series being cancelled ... Kudos to NBC and the fans for fighting to keep the show going for 3 more seasons and for DirecTV for joining in on a "cost-sharing partnership". DirecTV aired the season ahead of time and then NBC would air it to the rest of the "regular people" later in the year.
I stuck with the Taylors, the teammates and the rest of the characters through it all, and it was so worth it.
If you haven't been watching. You need to Netflix or just go ahead and purchase them all. immediately. (just ask Alston, I got him hooked over Christmas break ) Sorry for spoiling the first episode...but whatever...it all happens in the first minutes anyway, you'll be fine. Just watch it.
Finally - also - they just announced the Emmy nominations and FNL was nominated for a few categorys including "Best Drama" ... its about time.
Finally - also - they just announced the Emmy nominations and FNL was nominated for a few categorys including "Best Drama" ... its about time.
Tonight - the lights are turned off
and we end the series with a new crew:
and we end the series with a new crew:
Luke Cafferty, Vince Young, Becky S, ... the East Dillon Lions
and even still a little Tim Riggins.
and even still a little Tim Riggins.

Here's to hoping that tonight's finale won't disappoint.
Clear Eyes,
Full Hearts,
Can't lose.
Texas Forever.
[Side Bar] NBC has been auctioning off props, clothing and items from the FNL set: including clothes and uniforms worn by the actors and oh, Tim Riggins' truck. It would be cool to perhaps own a game jersey worn by Tim or Jason or Luke -- I mean, I won't be purchasing anything, but I could understand why some people might be into that --- but Tim Riggins truck!? read the description of this thing:
Sweeps: Tim Riggins Truck
Do you want a piece of Dillon's hottest fullback/running back, Tim Riggins? How about his '86 Chevy? Now's your chance to own and sit in the same seat as Taylor Kitsch did in Friday Night Lights. Enter for your chance to win Tim Riggins' truck!
Disclaimer:- Non-operational truck is a prop from the TV show and may not run. Winner will be solely responsible for transporting the truck from North Hollywood, CA to its new location selected by the winner
seriously?!? What do you do with a fake truck!??!
Just send me Taylor Kitsch and let's be done with it all.
1 comment:
Post a Comment